Google

 

Friday, May 11, 2007

 
 

Ali Baba And The Six Thieves

Posted By: Efren ES Ricalde @ 7:08 PM
Comments: 2

 

Speak no evil, hear no evil, see no evil. In grade one was where I learned that quotation from my teacher and former principal, Miss Honesta Cruz of Rafael Palma Elementary school.

Forty three years later, though I did not speak evil, however I heared evil and saw evil. And the evil was a of bunch of thieves right inside our office. With apologies to Ali Baba And The Forty Thieves for the thirty four unaccounted thieves.

That in broad daylight, these gift bearing thieves in business suit and barong tagalog attacked by gaining our trust and confidence with sweet tounge, little intelligence and slight of a hand.

With a swift scoop, they stole a lot! Our savings, work, allowance for our children, money for a new car, vision, our sweat, early retirement, a white "genius" elephant and our dreams were lost drying our eyes of its tears and tearing our hearts apart.

But before that happened, I had warned my folks that "I thought I saw a thief" and I named them all. If it were not for the two knights in shining armour in rescue, the thieves would have cleaned everything including our honesty and integrity. What a sigh of relief when a fortress and moat was built by the knight in golden armor and a phalanx of spears from the knight in platinum armour were mounted. We are secured.

But thieves beware.

Sometime in1983, a bully neighbor turned thief was knifed dead on a basketball court two decades after he stole my wooden gun toys. That time, being so poor my parents could not afford to buy a toy so I have to make one out of scrap wood. He got my toys but not justice even though the killing was witnessed by everybody watching the game.

Working in Brunei at about mid-1996, a similar bunch of thieves attacked me and my close friend, Pg Redzuan. Months later, the car bearing the thieves met a horrific road accident. The car was total wreck as it was sliced into two. A tragedy struck the thieves like a lightning bolt felling a tree in two pieces.

And what would probably happen now that we lost a million times that of Brunei? Well, maybe a bunch of thieves turned to a heap of dust on a basketbal court or ionized in the middle of the road.

De ja vu?

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,


 
 
Comments:
Wow! Congratulations po on your blog! I'll include you in my blog roll :)

See you soon.
 
Thank you for encouraging me to reactivate my blog. As you can see I started blogging in September 2006 but came back for serious blogging after our meeting.

I will put your blog in my blog role.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
 
 
 
  • "MaSci to GSI" is a compendium of experiences from childhood to present. M2G shares my insights and knowledge on education, hard work, integrity, honesty, creativity, transparency, and aspiration of a Filipino. M2G maps my journeys and adventures as a boy, student, dreamer and entrepreneur.
 
 
My Photo
Name:
Location: Pasig, Metro Manila, Philippines

Efren, President/CEO of GSI, is an experienced public speaker and an avid tennis player, photographer, a beginner classical guitarist. He was the former Chairman of Philippine Geomatics Association (PhilGeo) and is an active member of other IT associations. He has a diploma in Strategic Business Economics from the University of Asia and the Pacific, units in MS Remote Sensing in UP Diliman, BS Geodetic Engineering at UP Diliman and an alumni of Manila Science High School.

 
 

 

CNN
 
 

 

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?